Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Liebster Award


The Liebster Award is a great way to discover new blogs and share a little about yourself to others. 

Firstly, I would like to thank Martina from martinadenegri.blogspot.com. :)

Here are her Questions for me:

1. Why did you start your blog? 
I started blogging many years ago, before I went to University to study Journalism & Digital Media. It was a great way to express myself and share my interests

2. What inspires you? 
Those who are around me, they have inspired me to be creative especially my family. We are a quite creative bunch. I draw them influences from them and the media around me, I love reading fashion magazines and looking through all the vibrant imagery. 

3. Who is your fashion icon? Why? 
I would have to say that Lana Del Rey is my fashion icon. I love that she can wear a pair of jeans, trainers and a leather jacket and still look great. I like to be feminine, but I have never been really girly so I do draw inspiration from her vintage and casual style and natural makeup look. 


4. What is your favorite movie?
Blade Runner


5. What re you reading right now? 
Elizabeth Is Missing by Emma Healey

6. How did you come up with your blog name?
I would like to think that I am a friendly and welcoming person, So I wanted my readers to come and say hello, have a look on my blog and connect with me through social media. I have been called many things over the years, mostly Scarlie or Scally. Scally was more fitting for a blog name and social connections. Hence Hello Scally :) 

7. If you had to learn a new language, what it would be? 
Greek or Italian 

8. What is your dream job? Working in a very creative environment. Whether that is creative writing, media such as photography or making things. (I love sewing and making things with my hands) 

9. Who is your celebrity crush?
If I had to pick anyone it would have to be Theo Hutchcraft from Hurts, his voice is amazing.

10. What's your favorite food? 
I would have to say potato snacks and dip... I love dip!

11.Dog or cat?
100% Dog

From what I have seen there are different variations of the rules, from nominating 5 or 11 other blogs. However, I will be nominating 5 blogs that stand out to me :)


Student life and fashion blog from Megan

Beautiful outfit and beauty posts-from Madeleine

Pretty Beauty blog from Maddie
@maddieracheal

Lifestyle, fashion and beauty blog from Becca

Karan 

Here are my questions for those I have nominated or would just like to join in!

1. What was your reason for starting a blog?

2. What posts to you enjoy making the most?

3. Who is your favorite blogger? 

4. If you could only take one beauty product with you on a trip, what would it be?

5. What is your favorite brand?

6. What is your proudest moment?

7. Sweet or Savory?

8. If you could visit a place, where would it be?

9. How long have you been blogging?

10. What App can't you live without?

11. What magazine or Book are you currently reading?

If you would like me to check out your blog, link it below! 

Until next time xox

Share:

3 comments

  1. 1. What was your reason for starting a blog? I started to bore my friends and family preaching to them about what beauty products they should use, and telling them off for the wrong ones. Constantly commenting on what they should be wearing / would look nice together, so I thought I would start a blog instead.

    2. What posts to you enjoy making the most?

    Makeup and skincare, i could talk for hours about it!

    3. Who is your favorite blogger?

    Billieroseblog, Her pictures are amazing and I love her style.

    4. If you could only take one beauty product with you on a trip, what would it be?

    Estee lauder Clear difference. Best blemish cream in the world!

    5. What is your favorite brand?

    Zara for sure.

    6. What is your proudest moment?

    I climbed a 4000m Volcano in Indonesia last summer, it was so challenging but amazing!

    7. Sweet or Savory?

    Savoury any day!

    8. If you could visit a place, where would it be?

    Bora Bora, it looks so perfect!

    9. How long have you been blogging?

    Only 2 weeks!

    10. What App can't you live without?

    Instagram!

    11. What magazine or Book are you currently reading?

    I feel very guilty saying this, but Fifty Shades of Freed!!


    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are my questions for those I have nominated or would just like to join in!

    1. What was your reason for starting a blog?
    I have a load of makeup, and a load of free time (well, when I'm not doing university work) and I'm constantly talking about makeup. I think it's a really great topic of conversation, and I love giving tips and hints so it just made sense for me to start a blog! Plus I think some of my friends were just getting fed up with me always talking about makeup so they were forever telling me I should start blogging.

    2. What posts do you enjoy making the most?
    Makeup posts, definitely. I love recommending things to other people and I also like the fact have to go through my collection and actually look at the things I have to do posts with so I get to rediscover a load of hidden gems!

    3. Who is your favorite blogger?
    My favourite blogger is probably Zara from MouldyFruit. I've been following her blog for around two years now, and I think she has effortless style, she takes great selfies/photographs and she's always got some really great recommendations on makeup. There aren't many bloggers with the same skin tone as me, but she does which makes it really easy when buying new makeup because I know which shade to pick up as well! Her winged eyeliner always kicks ass as well.

    4. If you could only take one beauty product with you on a trip, what would it be?
    Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. You can't really just wear foundation or bb cream by itself because it makes your skin look too flat, so just some long lashes will do me fine!

    5. What is your favorite brand?
    My favourite brand of makeup is probably Nars - they're really good with yellow undertones because they're owned by the Japanese brand Shiseido.
    Clothing brand - COS. Their clothing is so clean cut and simple, I just wish I could afford to shop their more often.

    6. What is your proudest moment?
    My proudest moment is probably when I got into Warwick Uni to study politics.

    7. Sweet or Savory?
    I don't think I can choose haha, I just like food too much.

    8. If you could visit a place, where would it be?
    I would visit Ko Tao in Thailand, hopefully me and my other half will travel Asia for our honeymoon and this is on my list!

    9. How long have you been blogging?
    Only a month!

    10. What App can't you live without?
    Probably the trainline app haha, I'm forever getting the train and I need to know when it's arriving!

    11. What magazine or Book are you currently reading?
    Currently reading books for my essay on critical green politics (which is something I'm really passionate about funnily enough) but nothing makeup/fashion related unfortunately


    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thankyou for the nomination! I've already done this one however I'm going to try and do it again with your questions in the summer! Thankyou again xxx

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing from you!

© HelloScally | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig